TECHNET Archives

August 2009

From:
"Tontis, Theodore" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Tontis, Theodore
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 09:33:32 -0400
What we found was the coating being used in our spray booth and
automated system was using a different carrier agent then what came in
the can. When the board house was testing boards, for their ability to
accept conformal coating, they used the can material and had better
results. I actually took one unpopulated array and sprayed half of it
with the material from a can and the other half with the material we
were using in our process. There was a distinct difference between the
two. If memory serves me right the process material was cut with toluene
and the material in the can was cut with MEK. I don't work there any
more but I am sure I can send one of the QE's an email and get some
photos.

Ted T.