TECHNET Archives

August 2009

From:
Gary Ferrari <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:58:41 -0400
IPC-2222
10.1.1 Edge Spacing Except for edge-PB contacts, the minimum distance
between conductive surfaces and the edge of
the finished PB, or a NPTH, shall not be less than the minimum spacing
specified in Table 6-1 of IPC-2221 plus 0.4
mm. PBs that slide into guides shall have a minimum external conductor
to guide distance of 1.25 mm or minimum
electrical clearance (see Table 6-1 of IPC-2221), whichever is greater.
Special design applications in areas such as high
voltage, surface mount, and radio frequency (RF) technology may require
variances to these requirements. Ground and
heat sink planes may extend to the edge when required by design.