TECHNET Archives

August 2009

From:
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 2009 12:44:28 +0100
OK, as a working member of IEC TC91 team, I am coming out from behind
the parapet waving the white flag!!! DON'T SHOOT!

You mention DIN IEC 61191-1 which means that you are referring to the
German version. Each Nation that is part of the World Trade
Organisation has a vote on IEC standards including the IPC on behalf
of NIST.

If, as has been suggested, the document is a "direct copy" of J-
STD-001, I would check which revision - they may not be the same.

As regards measurments used in IEC - they are ALL metric and there is
good reason behind everything you read. So   2,5 µm = 2.5 µm or 2
point 5 micrometers or 2 point 5 microns.

Michael - does this help?

Graham Naisbitt
IEC AND IPC team helper.....