TECHNET Archives

August 2009

From:
Ioan Tempea <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ioan Tempea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:58:11 -0400
Thanks Dave and all,

I have a better understanding of the standard now and this is precisely what I wanted.

Right now I am in the situation that the bare PCBs pass Test Methods A (edge dip) and F (wetting balance) but fail our in-house Test Method E (surface mount simulation). The failure we see in reflow testing is the solder does not wet over the whole surface where the paste is printed, especially on 20 mil pitch footprints, and even tends to bead in random areas of the pads.

On the other hand, the microsections show good wetting and IMC formation on assembled product, so I will consider the product acceptable.

Thank you all for your help,

Ioan Tempea, ing.

t : 450-967-7100 ext : 244

www.digico.cc <http://www.digico.cc/>

P N'imprimer que si nécessaire - Print only if you must