TECHNET Archives

August 2009

From:
John Goulet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Aug 2009 16:46:46 +0000
I'm staying very busy working to at least save money on insurances and catching up on maintainance on my houses.

I found out that the insurance has been charging almost double because we are not within 1000 feet of a fire hydrant even though the fire department is less than a half mile away. I found out that many of the fire departments stopped using the fire ponds because the algae damages the pumps on the fire trucks. The Insurance sales people are calling to do inspections but are really out to increase your policy. I'll bet they are raising the classifications or will use the information that when you filled out the insurance application and you saw that fire hydrant on the local fire pond you thought you were all set. I wonder what would happen if you had a fire? Would they reduce or deny the claim?  I'm having the NH License board check the filing for my current insurance company because they also believe the fire department being that close would drop me from a class 9 to a class 5. The captain of the fire department says we are ISA class 5.