TECHNET Archives

July 2009

From:
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 2009 07:45:19 -0500
Hand soldering by itself would rarely, if ever, cause a board to become warped. I suppose it could happen if the PWB was very small and thin, and the soldering iron were of the type that we used to solder stainless steel toolboxes when I was a kid, where we put the iron into a gas-fired urn to get it red hot.

If the hand soldering was done with the aid of a hot plate or oven, that is what would cause the entire board to heat up sufficiently to cause warpage.