TECHNET Archives

July 2009

From:
"Croslin, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Croslin, Robert
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:11:45 -0400
Actually, getting a model can be pretty easy, but a bit costly.  Take
your finished board and have it scanned using a 3D scanner, then print
it out using a 3D printer.  We have a NextEngine scanner and a Dimension
3D printer since we're often repackaging some OTS device to be used
where it was never intended and it allows us to easily generate the
locational data for all features.  There are some services that can do
this for you and if you want to contact me offline, I'll connect you.

Meantime, here's a link to Jay Leno's site where he demonstrates the
setup we actually have at Nielsen.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_player.shtml?vid=944641

Bob Croslin
The Nielsen Company