TECHNET July 2009

Re: Solderability

mp3 <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:45:55 +0530

text/plain

Some more info on the wave soldering parameters

1. Type of flux used - Water based

 2. fluxing time - Foam flux with conveyor speed 110cm/min

 3. Specific gravity of flux -- 0.882

 4. Type of flux application -Foam Type- KESTER 2224-25

 5. Not all the holes are having the problem. The component leads are tinned on copper.

 6. Solder contact time - 4 SECS

 7. Flux activation temperature  -- 104C

Is the parameters OK for a 2.4mm board to be wave soldered w/o any pinholes

Rgds

pradeep