DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

July 2009

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
DUTTON Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 2009 09:25:03 +0930
Hello Jack,
With SMOBC, I've had no problems with using solid copper for large
consuctive areas.
Certainly, it was a problem in the days with all over solder finish
under the solder mask.
I don't believe that there is any problem with the pattern plating of
the board either.
Modern LPI soldermasks adhere to the bare copper quite well also.

regards,
Phil.