TECHNET Archives

June 2009

Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:16:51 -0400
If you already have a solvent cleaning unit fitted with ultrasonics, why
not fabricate a wire cage to contain the parts and just run them thru with
PWAs  that are being defluxed? The typical PWA cleaning cycle time should be
enough to  get the parts cleaned, unless you are trying to remove chlorinated
sulphonated  cutting/stamping oils/greases. In that case you'd probably
need to go to a  separate U/S unit using trichloroethylene solvent to get the
job done in a short  time frame.
You might try renting a unit from one of the U/S equipment makers or
retrofitters if this is an ongoing project. If just a once or twice process,
perhaps one of the above would run it for you in their demo lab.
Now the big question-- why aren't the parts makers cleaning the parts
themselves??

Bill  Kenyon
Global Centre Consulting
3336 Birmingham Drive
Fort Collins, CO  80526
Tel: 970.207.9586   Cell: 970.980.6373

In a message dated 6/29/2009 9:31:21 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,