TECHNET Archives

June 2009

From:
Lee parker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Lee parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 2009 19:47:45 -0400
Bev

Though I am sure your comments were due to profound ignorance and not an attempt to be discourteous, I however, must protest.

Fermenting and distilling corn is an art form that was advanced many years ago in North Carolina and copied in other Southern states. (Due to there profound vanity there are now some prohibitions in place conceived by yankee politicians that we in the South wisely chose to ignore.)  My past family members labored tirelessly perfecting the perfect process. The "recipe" they developed was the acclaimed Mountain Dew. Songs and poetry were written about our timeless product. Did you per chance see the movie Thunder Road. This industry also provided many of us including some that you know very well an occupation in the transportation industry where we learned the art of rapid movement along the flats and through the mountains to supply the nation with our special product. Eventually many of these young men and women received world renown as NASCAR drivers.

This is what we in the South call HERITAGE.

Lee