TECHNET Archives

June 2009

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 2009 09:32:19 -0700
Genny,

It is valid as far as it goes. Better test would be to sacrifice a couple of
boards and actually put them through all soldering processes as blanks and
then look for lack of wetting.

Don't forget that the intermetallic growth is heat dependent so something
that may pass one reflow cycle may not work for a double sided assembly.

If it is double sided run it through a print/reflow/print/reflow and look
for non wetting.

John

John Burke
(408) 515 4992