TECHNET Archives

June 2009

From:
Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jun 2009 06:42:55 -0400
Brian,
I am truly, highly impressed. Here you were recovering from a brush with death and still being a man of science.

I recently was able to attend a symposium to honor my graduate degree supervisor, RJ Gillespie (author of VSEPR, if that means anything to anyone). Among the reasons I went was for the opportunity to see some of my "heros" of fluorine chemistry - Passmore, Christe, Roesky, Schrobilgen, Cowley, etc. I have thought about this, and I conclude that for different reasons you too, Brian, I would have to include among my heros of science.

And I agree with your scientifically formulated conclusions.
Bev
RIM