TECHNET Archives

June 2009

From:
Scott Westheimer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Scott Westheimer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 2009 16:50:45 -0400
Loan,

The first photos look like de-wetting. Usually caused by surface contamination and in this cause might be caused by incomplete solder stripping by the supplier. AS long as  they accept paste and reflow they should be OK. The mask issue is caused by the via hole plugging process. What you see is heavier solder mask over the via's and less on the surface. Should not be a problem as long as the pluging material is fully cured and all solvents have been driven out of the via holes.

Regards
Scott B. Westheimer
5709 Clarks Fork Drive
Raleigh, NC 27616