TECHNET Archives

June 2009

From:
Charming Chan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Charming Chan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 2009 00:00:16 +0800
Hello Chris,

Thank you for the input.

It is sepaparation/delamination, really. It is inside the substrate between
the outer layer and the adjacent inner layer, not land cratering or land
lifted, I'm sure of that.

After thermal cycling test, the separation/delamintion occurred inside pcb
board, so I should check on IPC 6012B for acceptance, am I right?

With the acceptance spec definition on IPC 6012B section 3.3.2.3 and section
3.6.2.5, I'm not sure if that separation/delamination is acceptable or not.

Thank you all for inputs.
Have a nice day.

Charming Chan