TECHNET Archives

June 2009

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 2009 17:04:52 +0300
There are three possibilities, as I see it:
1. (more likely) the Ag plating (immersion, nor electrolytic, probably)
was wiped without a proper DI rinse bath. IMHO, this is inexcusable.

2. I'm assuming that the outer insulation is PTFE, as well the inner. Is
it possible that the PTFE had some fluorethylene monomer in it at the
time of sintering?

3. The PTFE is porous (after all, it is sintered, not moulded) and some
nasties have wicked in due to inappropriate storage conditions.

Brian