DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2009

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Ray Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:40:10 -0700
This is our typical spec, It has worked for us. of course we don't do this
much.

Notes, unless otherwise specified:

1.  Material: FR4 IPC 4101/24 0.062 thick or Equivalent
    copper; outer layers - 1 oz. plated up to 2 oz. finished
	    inner layers - 1 oz.
    four layer 94V-0 UL certified
2.  Immersion: ENIG (Electroless Nickel, Immersion Gold)
3.  Hole sizes specified are after plating - OK for Via holes to plug
4.  Solder Mask Over Bare Copper
5.  Solder mask: LPI (liquid photoimageable) Green Gloss - Matte Ok
6.  Tolerance: ±0.005
7.  Silk-screen ID (white)
8.  Bow and Twist: 1.5%
9.  Slot dimensions are outside of radius to outside of radius
10. Solder mask entire panel
11. Scoring: 20mil web
12. Misc. routes are 0.1 inches wide

CARD EDGE FINGERS:
GOLD TIPS - min. 30 microinches hard gold over 100-150 microinches
	      of nickel

Ray Johnston
Lead CAD Designer
Rane Corporation