TECHNET Archives

May 2009

From:
"Terry L. Munson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 2009 16:11:22 EDT
Lenny
I would suggest a different non-chemical approach by freezing the ballast
and then chipping or cutting the frozen pitch material to get to the surface
for  Failure Analysis.  We have found that pitch can be contaminated and
cause  leakage and corrosion problems. We have also found that capacitors can
leak and  the electrolyte will dissolve the material and cause leakage and
corrosion  problems.  If you have solder joint problems then this approach
works well  to investigate the joint quality as well.  If you have an question
please  call.
Terry Munson
765-457-8095

In a message dated 5/29/2009 2:01:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,