TECHNET Archives

May 2009

From:
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 2009 11:03:59 +0100
Mike

Is the new project involving a product that is safety critical, and is
this a change from your existing product type?

Have you found it necessary to install special flooring materials to
stop people sliding around?

Yes to either part and their comment has some merit. I am not too sure
about "contaminating your solder joints", but I know that many
silicone coatings have a propensity to "cover" most adjacent surfaces
and are a major pain the posterior to clean-up.

Personally I would recommend that you separate your coating process
from the rest of the production area - at least from a safety point of
view. As you say your process has been around for 15 years, no doubt
the coating uses flammable solvents, therefore all adjacent electrical
equipment, switches and lights should be flameproof.

I hope this helps in your consideration - remember, the customer is
always right?

Regards

Graham Naisbitt

Email: [log in to unmask]