TECHNET Archives

May 2009

From:
Gary Ferrari <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2009 09:03:30 -0400
Richard,

The interposer on the chip side is basically a PWB boards, small but
still boards. Many are manufactured out of BT epoxy, flex, etc. Be that
as it may, a standard dimensioning system still apples. Geometric
dimensioning, Y14.5, has been around for longer than I can remember, and
the concepts are solid. Mismatching dimensioning systems builds
tolerances, instead of reducing tolerances. I still remain disappointed.
I guess today must be the shell day :-)

Gary