TECHNET Archives

May 2009

From:
Craig Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Craig Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 2009 08:03:16 -0400
Thank you for the answers. This isn't a safety issue as our dewars are outside. Even though the N2 is relatively
inexpensive, the brass finally realized that even if you don't use the equipment you still lose about 2% of the nitrogen
daily. So it's more of a cost issue. My answer was it would cost more over the long haul to design something to capture
this than it would be for the actual amount of N2 lost. Basically, the powers that be don't want to be wasteful of the
product and $$, so that's the reason behind the question.

Craig