TECHNET Archives

April 2009

TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 2009 20:07:23 +0200
OK, no oxide binding. Still I'm curious. What's the purpose of bonding tin
to glass-epoxy? Maybe better to deposit a 'tin primer' layer directly on the
FR4  (vacuum or sputter or CVD) and fuse the foil and board together with a
suitable weight and use a batch oven. You may need activate the FR4 surface
before the above process. N.b. you must use a tin alloy higher than the one
for soldering components afterwards. Or maybe you use conductive epoxy?
Strange things you are mixing with....

Inge