TECHNET Archives

April 2009

From:
Carl Proescholdt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Carl Proescholdt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 2009 08:22:19 -0500
With the recent news cycle and the concern over the flu virus, several people in the workforce have been asking if using a hand sanitizer such as Purell brand would be acceptable to use.  From what I can see in the MSDS, the main component is alcohol, but not all ingredients are listed.

I realize the best approach for actual board contact is a good hand washing and gloves, but even if we put this stuff in the breakroom, and ask that people wash and re-glove before returning to the production area, I am afraid of contaminants reaching the production floor.  Also, if we don’t provide something, I suspect people will start carrying it in and using it themselves.  Has anyone else turned up anything to suggest that it wouldn't be OK to use this type product in an assembly environment?   Any specific brand recommendations?

If only we could just build boards...Happy Monday!

Carl Proescholdt

dca manufacturing corp