TECHNET Archives

April 2009

From:
John Goulet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 2009 13:48:25 +0000
Physically and from a design point it can be done but I would contact the component manufacturer to question the reliability and ability of the bottom resistor to maintain the rated value when the heat distribution has been blocked by the upper component.

They may suggest a thermal epoxy to transfer the heat up so the two bodies act as one rather than a regular epoxy that would insulate the top of the part.