TECHNET Archives

April 2009

From:
Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 2009 13:42:54 -0500
Hi John,

Yeah, like I said when I sent you the links to your pictures, the last time we had a bad solderball problem we got a bad lot of paste, and to our vendors credit, they admitted the paste was bad.

But I went back and looked at the picture of the solderball problem we had (I learned a new term then, "snotballs", which was what our vendor called it), and it doesn't look anything like your problem. Check out:

http://stevezeva.homestead.com/files/Snotballs.jpg

I have a question; do all of the boards during a run look like the pictures, or do you get a few boards out of the run that look okay?

Steve