TECHNET Archives

April 2009

From:
John Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, John Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:48:00 -0700
Paul,
The LGA package used thin plated electrolytic gold (yes we had it specified
with the package vendor to minimize SnAg) on a BT substrate w/o solder mask
defined pads. The boards that they were mounted to used separate pads with
.1 mm solder mask openings and we used a 5 mil stencil for solder paste.
Pads were 1:1 but we use different stencil apertures depending on pad size
and void formation during soldering. That was where the x-ray radiography
system was valuable. Lots of work to minimize voids.

Regards,

John Maxwell