TECHNET Archives

April 2009

From:
"Liu, Edwin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Liu, Edwin
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:37:36 +0800
Hi,

Some comments here:

At first the range of conductor for 350550-2 is  20~14 AWG and the
insulation range is 0.13"DIA max,so the wire you selected could match
this contact.

1) Why are the automated and hand tool crimp height specifications
different?

You know there have many difference between automatic machine wire crimp
and hand tool wire crimp,like as the crimping speed of die,crimping
force of die and etc,so the design engineer defined the different height
for these two method to get the best crimping effect(e.g.
appearance,pull force).

2)Is there an issue with just setting up the automated tool to the hand
tool crimp height specifications?

I think every contact specifications are evaluated by the TE engineer
before it be released,from the information present by you I just know
that you set up the correct conductor height,so here some additional
reminder for you reference:

Are the conductor height of terminals in tolerance after crimping?
[.69+/-.002]
Do you set up a correct crimping width of teminals?[.090]REF
Do you set up a correct strip length?[.172+/-.015]
Do you use the correct crimping applicator&die from TE?

Any specification&information you wanted tell me please.

Thank you

Edwin