TECHNET Archives

March 2009

From:
Reliability Resources <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Reliability Resources <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 2009 09:01:04 -0700
Hi Rudolph,

There isn't one answer to your question. Would you expect to use the same
ORT for a Pacemaker, or a computer, as you would for a toaster oven?

1.)The ORT should be designed to a specific product and not something pulled
out of a book for a different type product. Is the test strong enough to
find issues with production or is it too strong so that you decrease the
field life by x? What stresses are best suited to your specific product,
etc...
2.)The costs of the testing increase as you request a higher Confidence
level.

I have some papers that might help if you want to contact me off the TN
group.

Clayton Bonn

Reliability Resources

Ph: 714-903-1005