TECHNET Archives

March 2009

From:
Scott Westheimer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Scott Westheimer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2009 17:49:17 -0500
It might been that there is actually a foot on the pads and you have some bridging going on if the pads are very close. That is normally caused by the catalyst that the nickel/gold adheres to during plating remaining on the laminate. Check a part before processing and see if the pads have a large foot and if you can see any plating between them.

Scott B. Westheimer
5709 Clarks Fork Drive
Raleigh, NC 27616
Home: (919)713-0748