TECHNET Archives

February 2009

From:
Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2009 06:53:43 -0500
Wayne,

To further Inge's comments ... I've had wire bonders running at more like 20
wires per second [K&S, ASM and others are truly hauling a_ _!], depending on
the length and loop of the wire.

As he indicates, assembly is ALL automatic.  Even molding, de-flash, cut,
trim, form, test, etc. can be fully hands-off.  Obviously, the tooling costs
a bundle, but ...

I wonder if it was actually re-marked, or was the deflash nozzle
intentionally directed to the surface to [enhance] provide contrast for the
laser marking???

Just a thought.

Steve C