TECHNET Archives

February 2009

From:
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:36:11 -0600
I don't have one here at GD. I just had a client purchase an F200
solvent cleaning system (unheated) and they just love it. They had RMA
flux requirements and were having issues with entrapped (encrusted)
flux. They tried many different processes, including alcohol in a batch
cleaner, none of which worked very well. They went to the F200 and have
had zero issues since, and this was for military electronics. You need
to make sure to use the correct frequency, etc. Dr. Sami Awad can help
you with particular applications. Crest personnel know more than anyone
else in the world about ultrasonic cleaning.
I also am currently using one at another client facility which is the
TruSweep 1875, and I am using a hot DI water and 5% saponifier mix to
clean small BGAs with wirebonded die that we develop there. (I also work
for other companies in Minnesota as a consulting engineer).
I have not used the condensation units, so I cannot tell you anything
about them. But I can only encourage you to talk to the tech people at
Crest, they can help.