TECHNET Archives

February 2009

From:
Hernefjord Ingemar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Hernefjord Ingemar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:19:11 +0100
 additional:
most of our experience from dewetting is poor barrier plating, e.g.  ENIG with bad nickel plating. The copper itself is seldom a problem. With 'poor' I mean porous, too thin, contaminated or other anomalies. Typically, the solder wets instantly on the gold, but when the gold is consumed and the next step starts, namely wetting on the nickel, the solder withdraws because of insufficient nickel wetting.
Inge