TECHNET Archives

February 2009

From:
"P. Langeveld" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, P. Langeveld
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2009 11:35:18 +0100
John,

The first thing I thougt of was the temperature of the board or
carrier. The room temperature may be 70dF, the parts may not.
I had the experience already in 1985. We installed an air conditioned
room with T= 22dC (72dF).
We started in february with no problems until the sun took strength.
We had wide glass windows on 3 sides. And slump all over on sunny
days.
We could not produce on sunny days before we had installed sunshades
outside the building.

Lesson: the board to be printed has to meet the temperature
requirements to prevent slump.

Second thought: did you execute the slump test.

Peer Langeveld
Consultant Soft Soldering Processes
5502 VH 8
The Netherlands