TECHNET Archives

February 2009

From:
Werner engelmaier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Werner engelmaier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2009 16:34:35 -0500

 Hi Genny,
I do not know what your job functions are, but obviously you are electronic packaging.
Your local university and tech schools may be excellent on general stuff, but if you want to improve your understanding in your field you need to get to the IPC meetings for both the tutorials and workshops as well as the committee meetings [they are all open to all comers].
If Design-for-Reliability of solder joints and PCBs is your interest, my workshops give you a good backing on both the fundamentals as well as solution options. For manufacturing issues you cannot go wrong with Ray Prasad, Phil Zarrow, or Bob Willis, on flex take courses by Joe Fjelstad.
In the committees you hear informally about the problems people are having and what works for solutions.

I have been coming to IPC meetings since 1971 and I am still learning.

Regards,
Werner Engelmaier
Engelmaier Associates, L.C.
Electronic Packaging, Interconnection and Reliability Consulting
7 Jasmine Run
Ormond Beach, FL 32174 USA
Phone: 386-437-8747, Cell: 386-316-5904
E-mail: [log in to unmask], Website: www.engelmaier.com