TECHNET Archives

February 2009

From:
Grunde Gjertsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:14:46 +0100
Atomizing pressuse, thinner content and pot life is all important to keep
webbing under control but the problem with adding more thinner is that
it's difficult to keep the minimum dry film thickness which is something
of a challenge with 1B73 and 1B31 in the first place.
And yes, 905 is even worse.

I have little experience with the PVA coater but we've had an SCS for
almost 9 years which is in principle quite similar except for the special
atomizing nozzle on the PVA. A major challenge with 1B73 was (and is) to
control air bubbles in the coating and at the same time get a reasonable
thickness, webbing is much less of an issue.

Cheers, Grunde

Mike Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
06.02.2009 15:41
Please respond to
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to
Mike Sewell <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Re: [TN] Coating material

Try adding more thinner to eliminate the webbing. The 1 to 1 on their
datasheet is just a starting point.

Mike