TECHNET Archives

February 2009

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2009 11:09:30 +0200
Sorry to disappoint you, Inge. I've seen every single building in the
Vatican!

OK, from a plane on its approach to Rome airport! :-D

Can't say I've ever met Joseph Alois Ratzinger, though, and I'm not even
sure I'd want to as I'm not exactly on the same theological wavelength
as his. I think the only thing we have in common is that we are both old
men and we have both had age-related strokes and we would both be better
keeping our mouths tightly shut. I don't think that is exactly the best
basis for a good friendship. Can I call him Joe?

Oh! I've just remembered that someone in Germany used to call me the
Reinigung Papst, so perhaps I'm on a par with Benedict the umpteenth??? :-D

Brian

Inge wrote:
> Brian is wise as a guru, and he seems to have a finger in affairs all over
> this century. To change a popular fun story, I exchange some names. Here it
> goes.
>
> Let one of the persons be Bev and the other Brian. Walking on the street in
> the big town, Bev notices that many persons nod at Brian or shout from the
> other side 'Hi Brian', and Brian waves his hand. This is repeated even next
> and following day, Bev being a little annoyed: -Brian you seem to know
> everybody.  -Yes I do.
>
> -Hmm.. but you don't know the taxi driver coming this way just now.
> Taxi driver : -Hello Brian!
> Beve: -just a coincident. However, we pass one of Lenovo's offices in a
> minute, you don't know any bosses there.
> When they  pass the entrance of that building, a gentleman appears and
> heads
> for a big limosine, hesitates a second and waves at Brian: -Hello Brian!
> The  man was Simon Shum Siu-hung, CEO.
> Bev gets something wild in his eyes, neck being red: - That was in this
> town, on the other side of the sea you are quite unknown.
> Brian shrugs: -Know most there too.
> Bev:- you make me angry, you..you....braggart. Then let's go to Italy and
> see what kind of guy you are to them.
> So, some days later, they are in Roma. A caravan of state deputy cars
> appears suddenly, escorted by motorcycle police. The second car stops for a
> moment, door opens a little and small figure puts his head out and
> shouts: -Hi Brian, are you going to see the Pope? Sorry, can't stop here,
> see you later.
> It was Mr Berlusconi.
> Bev has not given in, hissing at Brian: -See the Pope, most stupid I've
> heard, you must be at least a states leader to get audience.
> Brian: - I know, so I use to call him only.
> Next day, it happens to be a day when the Pope is speaking to the people
> from his balcony, and Bev has dragged Brian with him: - Now, you little
> lier, prove that you know the holy man on the balcony.
> Brian: - Well, no problems. Wait here, I'll step up to His Highness and
> as a
> sign, I will have my hand on his shoulder and wave at you.
> And so it came to be, but suddenly Brian can see that Bev, down there,
> falls
> to the ground and does not rise. So, Brian says to the Pope: - John, I
> have to leave, something happened to my friend Bev.
> John: -Pax vobiscum, Brian.
> At place, Brian gets Bev on feet and asks what the heck he was fancy for:
> Bev:- You see, Brian, a guy standing beside me asked me this ' Up there
> on the balcony, all know Brian, but who is he standing beside?
>
> Dont take this litterally, Brian is well known only in Switzerland,
> Cyprus, England, Germany, Netherlands, the US and some more places, but
> he is probably not that familiar with the Vatican.
>
> Inge
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>

>>> for additional information, or contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask]
>>> or