TECHNET Archives

February 2009

TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2009 00:50:34 +0100
Brian is wise as a guru, and he seems to have a finger in affairs all over
this century. To change a popular fun story, I exchange some names. Here it
goes.

Let one of the persons be Bev and the other Brian. Walking on the street in
the big town, Bev notices that many persons nod at Brian or shout from the
other side 'Hi Brian', and Brian waves his hand. This is repeated even next
and following day, Bev being a little annoyed: -Brian you seem to know
everybody.  -Yes I do.

-Hmm.. but you don't know the taxi driver coming this way just now.
Taxi driver : -Hello Brian!
Beve: -just a coincident. However, we pass one of Lenovo's offices in a
minute, you don't know any bosses there.
When they  pass the entrance of that building, a gentleman appears and heads
for a big limosine, hesitates a second and waves at Brian: -Hello Brian!
The  man was Simon Shum Siu-hung, CEO.
Bev gets something wild in his eyes, neck being red: - That was in this
town, on the other side of the sea you are quite unknown.
Brian shrugs: -Know most there too.
Bev:- you make me angry, you..you....braggart. Then let's go to Italy and
see what kind of guy you are to them.
So, some days later, they are in Roma. A caravan of state deputy cars
appears suddenly, escorted by motorcycle police. The second car stops for a
moment, door opens a little and small figure puts his head out and
shouts: -Hi Brian, are you going to see the Pope? Sorry, can't stop here,
see you later.
It was Mr Berlusconi.
Bev has not given in, hissing at Brian: -See the Pope, most stupid I've
heard, you must be at least a states leader to get audience.
Brian: - I know, so I use to call him only.
Next day, it happens to be a day when the Pope is speaking to the people
from his balcony, and Bev has dragged Brian with him: - Now, you little
lier, prove that you know the holy man on the balcony.
Brian: - Well, no problems. Wait here, I'll step up to His Highness and as a
sign, I will have my hand on his shoulder and wave at you.
And so it came to be, but suddenly Brian can see that Bev, down there, falls
to the ground and does not rise. So, Brian says to the Pope: - John, I have
to leave, something happened to my friend Bev.
John: -Pax vobiscum, Brian.
At place, Brian gets Bev on feet and asks what the heck he was fancy for:
Bev:- You see, Brian, a guy standing beside me asked me this ' Up there on
the balcony, all know Brian, but who is he standing beside?

Dont take this litterally, Brian is well known only in Switzerland, Cyprus,
England, Germany, Netherlands, the US and some more places, but he is
probably not that familiar with the Vatican.

Inge