TECHNET Archives

January 2009

From:
Larry Dzaugis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Larry Dzaugis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 19:43:29 -0600
The paste with the metal loading, tackiness of the flux, wether it is a
turret placement machine or a gantry machine, method of fabrication of
stencil and its thickness as well as component mix, inert or air reflow are
items that that affect the stencil design. Best left to the manufacturing
side, even more so if an EMS is used. 1:1 is the place to start and the user
of the stencil will have it modified as fits the process. Its nice to have
the old stencil as a starting point for the unique situations if it is
transferring from another location as well.