TECHNET Archives

January 2009

From:
jckim(김정철) <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, jckim(김정철) <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:40:54 +0900

Hello Techneters,

I want to know why do we have to do e'lytic Ni/Au plating on tab pad of memory module PCBs.

I mean why specified surface finish and why specified 'gold' thickness.

(mostly specified by set makers. Industry standards like IPC and JEDEC seems to just recommends.)

If Ni/Au plating with reduced thickness or other finishes can meet mechanical/reliability requirement in their socketing application,

isn't it okay to use?

Is there any siginificant reason in using e'lytic Ni/Au plating with specified thickness??

Thanks for the kind answer in advance.

Good day!

jc

Korea Circuit R&D