TECHNET Archives

January 2009

From:
Werner engelmaier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Werner engelmaier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:39:39 -0500
 Hi Dave,
We agree, with imAg you do not have enough Ag to cause Ag-embrittlement.
The original e-mail query did not talk about imAg but generalized 'silver finishes'. That may be including imAg, but also thicker [it included (thin?) which to me meant it could be thicker and therefore not imAG] electrolytic and other Ag deposits.
So indeed, the devil is in the details——IT DEPENDS!
I also agree with your 'general rule', it comes about because very little Ag-plating other than imAg is in fact done.

Werner