TECHNET Archives

January 2009

From:
Kevin Glidden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Kevin Glidden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 15:32:24 -0500
Happy Friday everyone!

We have received a returned product that failed in the field.  Portions of
the circuit failed, and some vias literally burned through.  The electrical
technician even noted sparks emitting from one of them while doing some
diagnostics. I am concerned about getting to real root cause on this, so I
would like to utilize a lab more equipped than ours to do some investigation
work into the failure.  Any recommendations on outside labs that specialize
in this type of work?  I think a starting place might be x-ray and/or
sectioning of the failed vias.  Feel free to contact me offline if you like
to prevent any "advertising" issues.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin Glidden
Manufacturing Engineer
Luminescent Systems Inc.
4 Lucent Drive
Lebanon, NH 03766
(603) 643-7766 x3152

NOTICE: This communication is intended specifically for the recipient(s)
named above and may include proprietary, confidential or privileged
information. If you are not a named recipient, you should immediately delete
or destroy all electronic and physical copies of this communication.
Unintended recipients also should not utilize, repeat, publish or relay to
any other person the information contained herein nor should they take any
action based upon, in whole or in part, such information. If you have
received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender
immediately.

EXPORT COMPLIANCE STATEMENT: The information contained herein is or may be
controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 CFR
120-130, or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and may not be
exported, or disclosed to a foreign person, whether in the United States or
abroad, without prior U.S. Government and Astronics Luminescent Systems
written approval. Violations of these regulations could result in
administrative, civil or criminal penalties.  If you have any questions
about the nature of the material contained in this email please contact the
sender immediately.