TECHNET Archives

January 2009

From:
"Kane, Joseph E (US SSA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Kane, Joseph E (US SSA)
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:42:13 -0500
Steve:

How can a no-clean flux be water-washable?  If you leave
residue on there, any moisture encountered in service would
attack it, dissolving and spreading ionic contaminants, and
causing corrosion, shorts, lifting of coating.

And if it's something that you must clean anyway, why not use
something more active, with a wider process window?

Or what am I missing?

-Joe