TECHNET Archives

December 2008

From:
"Diamond, Patrick" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Diamond, Patrick
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 07:14:19 -0000
At my last company which was in the aerospace industry, we used to use a
sodium hydroxide solution called Novastrip 60 (industrial paint
stripper), heated to 104 Dec C. This worked extremely well on polyimide
wires even down to 0.012", had to ensure it was neutralised for 3 mins
in D.I. water after exposure.  We used to strip hundreds of coils a week
using this method so we had a semi-automated computer based machine and
a fully enclosed tank for HSE reasons.
If you want more info. Contact me offline.

Pat Diamond

Harris Systems
Winnersh UK