LEADFREE Archives

December 2008

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Werner engelmaier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2008 14:14:36 -0500
 Hi Karl,
The whole purpose of the STII concept was to be simple to the point of being simplistic---it certainly is better than an arbitrary Keyword: "Lead-free compatible." And certainly, it was never intended to take the place of qualification runs.
If anybody placed confidence an just the STII-value, that clearly is a misuse of its purpose.

Werner