TECHNET Archives

November 2008

From:
Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 08:34:39 -0500
Prashant,
It depends.

How thick is your board?
What material is it made out of?
How many heat cycles has it seen?
What type of chip components - resistors, wire wound inductors, chip caps (there are two main types, CALCE has shown a difference between them)?

You need to:
1) Talk to your component manufacturer and find out what they say their parts can take
2) Attach strain gages and gather the data

Bev
RIM