TECHNET Archives

November 2008

From:
Larry Dzaugis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Larry Dzaugis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:38:30 -0600
Two diffferent criteria.
1. How repeatably is the PBC located to the stencil?
       Mechanical locating stops?
       Camera locating fiducials on PCB and stencil?
       This is your off pad printing capability
       The product and paste dictates what the % off pad can be.

2. The volume of paste deposited PCB to PCB and over time?
        Does the stencil release the paste?
        Is the opening filled with paste?
        Do the blades scoop paste out?
        Do they drag excess paste over the aperatures?
        Some of the things that can happen during a run.
        The volume tolerance is determined by the product, materials and
process.

The other question becomes how is the paste measured, will it pass a gage R
and R?
Location much easier than volume.
Once there are numbers to what you can do, what can your process tolerate
;and meet the requirements?

All of these processes become "it depends" (Trademark Pending, used w/o
permission) on what the customer needs and what is willing to be risked by
you and your customer.