TECHNET Archives

November 2008

From:
Ted Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ted Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:13:05 -0700
I do not normally resond to something like this but everybody has a
different view point, my Toyota is just 2 years old,  has 51,000 miles on it
and has only needed tires and front brakes.

My last Chevy had three A/C low pressure valves, the wires fall off the A/C
controls, the seat belt light stick on, the water pump replaced,  and the
clutch for the fan freeze solid (after a trip to the dealer where the
Service manager took time form his busy schedule repairing cars to give me a
letter from Chevy saying that the cycling I was observing was normal, 20
miles later it froze solid and I limped back to the dealer) by this mileage.
I get 26-29 miles to the gallon versus 16-18 before with Chevy, and that gas
mileage is on a engine with 269 HP in a Toyota and it is fun to drive .

My previous car a Ford had a ignition module issue that was not admittted.
The engine would die and could not be started, replacing the module always
solved the issue. I  had sent Ford a letter asking the mean time between
failure so I could plan ahead and replace the next module and got back a
letter that told me my car was out of warranty.  Only years later did they
disclose that they knew that they had a problem!

Guess what sorry Detriot, I do not plan to go back to Detriot iron!!!!!!