TECHNET Archives

November 2008

From:
kwood716 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, kwood716 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:17:32 -0500
David,
It really depends on how much signal degradation you can handle.
In most cases you would be ok but if it is a 6G data line with very low
tolerance then
you may have issues.
To answer your original question though, I disagree that since you are
coupled to one plane that the
integrity of the other plane does not matter. In reality, you are somewhat
coupled to both planes so it does matter.
Regards
Ken

 Kenneth J. Wood
President
Saturn PCB Design, Inc.              *  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
2737 Bishop Lane                       * (407) 340-2668
Deltona, Fl 32725                       fax: (386) 789-2765
www.saturnpcb.com
PCB_Design_new