TECHNET Archives

November 2008

TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Andy Ng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:48:58 -0800
Actually they've also changed the vendor. Their initial prototypes
were done with another vendor, which had the same thickness control
problem. When they switched and started to see the same problem with
lot-to-lot, they considered changing to OSP.

Do PCB manufacturers have more difficulties with controlling gold
thicknesses with thinner boards, like 0.020"-0.030"?

Andy