TECHNET Archives

November 2008

From:
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2008 11:24:54 +0000
Hi John

The tests methods which you can download free from: http://www.ipc.org/ContentPage.aspx?PageID=4.1.0.1.1

2.4.35 = slump test
2.4.43 = solder ball test
2.4.44 = tack test
2.4.45 = wetting test
2.4.46 = spread test

All of these tests are vital for users of solder pastes because your
day-to-day conditions change and viscosity measurement alone is, quite
frankly, unhelpful - indeed your own experience has confirmed this.
Viscosity and rheology are quite different things yet rheology may, in
practice, be more important to you.

There are new test systems available to do all of these above
mentioned tests which would take less than 30 minutes to perform. You
can also then adapt your own "open time" test by making measurements
at different times and creating your own "go / no go" criteria. IMHO
this test would be an adaptation of the tack test.

I hope this helps. If you or anyone else wants info on the equipment,
let me know off-line.

Regards

Graham Naisbitt
Managing Director

TAKE A LOOK AT OUR NEW WEB SITE www.gen3systems.com

E: [log in to unmask]
P: +44 12 5252 1500
F: +44 12 5252 1112
W: www.gen3systems.com

Gen3 Systems Limited
Now Incorporating Process Support Products
Unit B2, Armstrong Mall
Southwood Business Park
FARNBOROUGH
Hampshire GU14 0NR - UK

Engineering Reliability in Electronics

Registered Number: 4639449 (England & Wales). Registered Office as
above.
DISCLAIMER : This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
destroy and delete any copies you may have received. Any views or
opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and
might not represent those of Gen3 Systems Limited. Although Gen3
Systems Limited has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses
present in this email, Gen3 Systems Limited can not accept the
responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this
email or attachments.